Please contact the React North-East Europe-office for more information about our services in Belarus:
Our activities in Belarus are coordinated by React North East Europe Regional Office in Lithuania. Since 2018 our partner in Belarus is 'Siarhej Zikratski Law Agency' Bureau of attorneys.
Siarhej Zikratski Law Agency provides a wide range of legal services in Belarus. The law firm has worked with companies from various sectors of activity: representation of foreign companies, manufacturing and construction companies, banks, restaurants and cafes, wholesalers and retailers, media editorial and advertising agencies, organizations that implement Internet projects, non-profit organizations.
Siarhej Zikratski has more than ten years of legal experience as lawyer and head of legal department at a representative office of a foreign company, large holding companies (areas of manufacturing, foreign trade, wholesale and retail trade, construction, real estate), Mass Media, advertising agencies and internet projects.
Siarhej Zikratski graduated from the Faculty of Law of Belarusian State Economic University in 2001, and has received additional education in Moscow (Russia), Valmiere (Latvia), Warsaw and Krakow (Poland), Oxford (UK).
Our services in Belarus
- Amicable settlements and/or negotiation settlement following Customs actions
- Appearing in court hearings in criminal proceedings as witnesses or experts
- Attending personal hearing
- Desk research
- Drafting and filing of administrative complaints
- Drafting and filing of criminal complaints
- Drafting and filing of expert reports, affidavits and written witness statements
- Filing a demand for a raid
- Filing Customs applications
- Filing surveillance letter
- Follow up Customs/Police cases (C&D letters, negotiations, settlement drafting)
- Handling court proceedings (appeals and civil claims)
- Informing Customs officers on brand details
- Organize and assist the police and relevant authorities in market raids
- Organize inspections and investigations of markets, shops and events
- Organize test purchases
- Organizing the transportation, storage, destruction and, wherever possible, the recycling of counterfeit products
- Organizing training sessions and information meetings for Police, Customs and/or Trade Inspection authorities
- Preparing and submitting civil actions (including C&D letters)
- Customs application is mandatory in order to enable Customs to inspect shipments containing possibly infringing/counterfeit goods, although Customs may also act ex officio
- Customs application is valid for up to 2 years with the option for renewal
- No simplified procedure is in place. If counterfeit goods are detected, Customs start an administrative or criminal procedure. Customs notification must be responded within 10 business days, the term may be extended up to 10 more days in case the rightolder files an application for the protection of his rights to the authorities
- The importer has the right to answer on the detention of goods within the whole term of the detention
- The infringers may be brought to criminal responsibility only in case of numerous infringements of rights on the trademarks